July 31, 2020
Dear Friends and Supporters,
Unfortunately, a member of our team has tested positive for COVID-19. This team member is currently in good health with mild symptoms and we wish this person a very speedy recovery.
We want to be transparent about this event and let you know what we are doing to help ensure the safety of our clients, staff, and community.
The team member last worked on July 24th and did not report any symptoms on that day. A few days later, this person reported that they tested positive for COVID-19. This team member will not return to work for a minimum of 14 days since the positive test and must also be symptom free without medication for a minimum of 3 days prior to returning. This team member did not have close contact with customers.
In addition to our enhanced cleaning protocols during this time, we immediately cleaned the store using FDA approved cleaning products that kill COVID-19. We also contracted a 3rd party cleaning service to professionally clean the store with cleaning products designed to kill COVID-19.
We have contacted the Georgia COVID-19 Hotline and have been consulting with medical experts pertaining to this incident.
In addition to following federal, state, and local guidelines, our company has been requiring numerous additional precautions prior to this team member’s positive test. Policies include providing face masks and gloves, social distancing, enhanced cleaning throughout the day, temperature checks, health screening questions, and much more.
We believe that the numerous safety protocols in place at Martina’s Flowers that go beyond state requirements are excellent to keep our staff and customers safe. Out of an abundance of caution, we have decided to temporarily close the showroom to the public but we continue to provide curbside pickup and contact-free flower delivery.
To our amazing customers and team members, we are very saddened by this event and we are sorry it has happened. It is important to us that we do all we can to ensure that our store continues to “deliver love” through flowers and gifts to those in the Augusta area and that we provide a welcoming and safe environment.
Thank you for your understanding and we ask that you please continue to think of our staff member during this time and we wish our staff member a very quick recovery from this virus.
The Team at Martina’s Flowers
Dear Clients and Friends,
Update: We continue to deliver fresh flowers, plants, and gifts using “no contact” delivery precautions and we are providing a no-contact curbside delivery option in front of our store. Our team continues to adhere to very rigid protocols by the CDC as well as federal, state, and local regulations. We have also implemented additional safety procedures for everyone’s wellbeing. For our staff, this includes providing masks and gloves, maintaining social distancing, regular cleaning, performing temperature checks, asking health screening questions before starting work, and much more.
We encourage you to order online or call the store for the fastest service and best selection. We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy! Thank you for your understanding! During this time of uncertainty surrounding the spread of the novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19, we wanted to let you know that the health and safety of our valued customers and staff is our top priority. Our team is closely monitoring the situation locally and nationally and we want you to know that we are taking numerous precautionary steps recommended by the CDC, state, and local agencies. These measures include the additional and regular cleaning and sanitizing of commonly touched surfaces in our store such as counters, computers, work areas, and more. Additionally, we are providing gloves for our staff, buying additional disinfectants and cleaning products, encouraging the routine use hand soap and sanitizer, reminding our staff to closely monitor their health, and asking team members to stay home if they or someone in their household is sick. We have shared and posted official CDC flyers for our staff that include the best practices to stay healthy and protect those around us, signs and symptoms of COVID-19, and other relevant materials. Our team continues to develop new measures to protect our community. For Our Customers
- We strongly encourage customers to place orders online or by phone for the best selection and service, but we are also providing curbside pickup and delivery
- We will happily deliver products with no person-to-person contact if you call and ask for us to leave the flowers at a door or other designated area. We may call or ring the doorbell to let your recipient know the flowers have arrived
- For pick-up orders that are already paid for, you may call us in store upon arrival and we will bring the flowers to the front of the building or other designated area for pickup
- When our showroom is open, we are asking that customers please wear a mask inside. If you do not have a mask, we are happy to provide one for you at no charge. If you are unable to wear a mask, we will happily provide you with no contact curbside pickup or we can deliver your flowers.
- We encourage you to follow the CDC’s recommended best practices for the safety of our community, which can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/protect/prevent.html Our team may send out additional updates as this situation unfolds. Our highest priority is to keep our customers, team members, and communities healthy. Thank you for your ongoing support and we look forward to continuing to “deliver love” with beautiful fresh flowers and plants. Very Sincerely, The Team at Martina's Flowers and Gifts